How can you avoid payments apps from being misused if you lose your phone? With Unified Obligations Interface (UPI) in Indian, services like Paytm, Search engines Pay, Phone Pe, and more have become something of a requirement. Most users have at least one payment app on their mobile phones linked with UPI. While UPI offers a secure and simple way to make payments or transfer money to somebody, if someone has entry to your phone they could use it to transfer money. So what happens if the device that will carries all your payment apps gets stolen? In case you shed your phone or this gets stolen, there are steps you can take to block these services from being accessed.
We have put together a step-by-step guide on how you can block Paytm , Search engines Pay , or Phone Pe in case you lose your own phone. This will ensure that your UPI account stays safe you don’t have to worry about money being stolen out of your account.
How to temporarily block Paytm account
Call Paytm Payments Bank helpline quantity 01204456456.
Select the option for shed phone.
Choose the option for getting into a different number and enter your lost phone number.
Decide to log out from all gadgets.
Next, head to Paytm internet site and scroll down to choose 24×7 Help .
Select Survey a Fraud and click on any category.
Next, click on any kind of issue and then on the Message Us all key at the bottom.
You will have to submit one proof of account ownership which may be debit/ credit card statement appearing Paytm account transactions, the confirmation email or TEXT MESSAGE for a Paytm account transaction, proof of phone number ownership, or police complaint proof towards lost or stolen phone.
Once done, Paytm can validate and block your account, after which you will receive a verification message.
Methods to block Google Pay accounts
- Google Pay customers can call helpline quantity 18004190157 and chose the preferred language.
- Select the right option for additional issues.
- Select the option to talk to a specialist who should assist you to block your Google Perform account. Alternatively, Android users can remote control wipe their data so that no one can accessibility your Google account in the phone, and hence the Google Pay app.
- iOS customers can do the same by erasing their information remotely .
How to block Mobile phone Pe account
- Telephone Pe users will need to call 08068727374 or 02268727374.
- After selecting preferred language, you will end up asked if you wish to report a problem with your Phone Pe accounts, press the appropriate number.
- Enter the registered number and you will be sent an OTP for confirmation.
- Next, select the option for without having received OTP.
- You will be particular an option report loss of SIM or device, select it.
- You will then be connected with a consultant who should help you obstruct your Phone Pe accounts after getting some details like phone number, email ID, past payment, value of last deal, etc .
Disclosure: Paytm’s parent company One97 is an investor in NDTV’s Gadgets 360.